API v2 is released with many new features. This API is still supported but for new API implementations please visit the Translation API v2 documentation
Integrate OneHourTranslation™ Remote API into your infrastructure to translate your content seamlessly with the fastest translation service in the world
OneHourTranslation™ is The Web's Leading Translation Service. With more than 8000 translators, we provide premium quality and ultra-fast translation service.
OneHourTranslation's Remote API allows you to integrate our service with your infrastructure and translate your content.
OneHourTranslation™ Remote API is based on the REST interface. All requests made are either "GET" or "POST" requests as specified on each relevant functional reference. We also recommend issuing all requests with SSL encryption.
Please use the following domains as base domains for all API requests:
Production Domain: api.onehourtranslation.com
Sandbox Domain: sandbox.onehourtranslation.com (please see instructions below
Each request must include the account_id
parameters, either by GET or POST, as supplied by OneHourTranslation™.
- To get your API keys on the Production environment, please click here
- To get your API keys on the Sandbox environment, please click here
Responses are encoded according to the JSON scheme
, Long and complex values are further encoded with Base64
Each response will include the status_code
fields which represent a success or failure in processing your request. The complete status codes list may be viewed here
Each response will include an appropriate HTTP status code
which best describes your request status.
Some requests allow you to specify a callback URL. This URL will be used on time critical events, for example, when a translation has been received for your project.
Callback URL must be a valid and web-accessible location and must return the HTTP "200 OK" status.
On failure to establish the callback request, an email will be sent to your account email.
We currently support the following operations:
- Submit a new Project - Initiating a new translation project on OneHourTranslation™
- Get project details - Fetch information about your project
- Get project content - Fetch your project's source text and translated text once available
- Get account details - Fetch information about your account and your credits balance
OneHourTranslation provides a separated, semi-functional version on OHT for testing and development purposes. The sandbox environment may be accessed here:
In order to use OHT sandbox, please note following:
- The sandbox is fully functional as a website but is completely non functional for translation purposes or any other professional services.
- To get started, please create a user account on OHT sandbox. Once an account is established, create your API keys here.
- Every text you submit for translation will be translated within a few seconds using Google's machine translation service. XML formatted text will not be translated but will rather be copied and returned to your system as a translation.
Note: This behavior is limited to the sandbox only. Texts and XMLs you submit to OneHourTranslation.com will only be translated by real human translators.
- In order to submit translation projects, you need account credits. To get your sandbox credits, please contact us at: email@example.com
- The sandbox environment only supports English to French translation at the moment. Other language pair will invoke a "language pair is currently unsupported" (#201) error code.